Each year, Professional Research Consultants (PRC), an independent research firm, recognizes outstanding healthcare organizations.
This year, PRC awarded VVMC’s Outpatient Surgical Services – the Verde Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center – the Platinum achievement award.
The award distinguishes hospital departments that elevate the level of patient care through original and innovative initiatives and staff sensitivity in creating a healing environment.
surgical units and
expert surgical staff
VVMC’s Surgical Services offers both inpatient and outpatient procedures.
Board-certified surgeons and anesthesiologists, certified nurse anesthetists, registered nurses, endoscopy, central services, specialty technicians and support personnel are specially trained and experienced in all areas of care for surgical patients.
Many staff members hold national certifications from their professional organizations.
Approximately 250 surgeries are performed at VVMC each month. Within the hospital are six operating room suites, some of which are specially designed to accommodate the most recent technologies available including:
• Advanced laparoscopic procedure capability
• Laminar flow method of purified air exchange
• High definition endoscopic and video-assisted technologies
• Advanced urology surgical procedures
• Advanced endovascular procedures
The Verde Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center, located on the VVMC Cottonwood Campus, has two operating room suites where outpatient day surgery procedures can be performed
Types of surgeries
• Endoscopy: used to diagnosis and treat digestive diseases, the liver, the esophagus, the colon and the lungs
• General surgical procedures
• Gynecological: endometrial ablation (alternative to hysterectomy), incontinence correction, laser surgery for endometriosis
• Interventional pain management
• Laparoscopy: a diagnostic aid or a minimally invasive surgery that is used in abdominal and gynecological surgery
• Ophthalmology: surgical procedures related to the eyes
• Orthopedics: procedures involving injury or disease to the bones or joints including total joint replacement
• Thoracic: chest procedures, especially lung and esophageal diseases
• Urology: specializing in kidney, urinary system and prostate procedures
• Vascular: diagnosis and treatment of blood vessel disease, repair and injury
To learn more about VVMC’s Surgical Services, visit:
VerdeValleyMedicalCenter.com/OurServices/SurgicalServices or call 928-639-6144.