8/13/2013 1:41:00 PM Transformer falls, Bridgeport house catches fire
Courtesy Verde Valley FD
A transformer fell in Bridgeport and caused a fire in the attic of a neighboring home on Tuesday.
BRIDGEPORT -- Early Tuesday morning, Verde Valley Fire was dispatched when a power pole and transformer fell in Bridgeport near the intersection of Kelli Lane and Carol Lane.
As crews were waiting for the power company to arrive, the homeowner advised crews that there was smoke in his attic.
Crews from Cottonwood Fire entered the home to find the fire and pulled out the ceiling and extinguished the blaze. Once the fire was declared out and scene was safe, the residence was turned back over to the homeowner